The Bendigo Chorale is an incorporated body and is managed by an elected Committee, currently consisting of:
President – David Wright
Secretary – Tim Schofield
Treasurer – Ian Smith
Librarian – Diana Smith
Members – Alison Apostolou, Valerie Hall, Helen Lunt and Danielle Winser
Musical Director – Elena Varshavskaya
Accompanist – Belinda Moon
The Musical Director is appointed by the Committee.
The Musical Director has responsibility for:
– taking weekly rehearsals
– conducting at concerts except when an outside conductor is engaged
– programme selection in consultation with the Committee
– selection of guest artists in consultation with the Committee
– maintaining or improving the current standard of the choir’s work
– preparing the choir for at least two public performances each year.
Terms of appointment:
– there would be a 6 month probationary period
– the initial appointment would be for two years
– termination of the appointment would be by the Musical Director or the Committee giving 3 months notice
– honorarium by negotiation.